I enjoy solving problems.
- Effective communicator and collaborator able to understand and work with teams across departments and disciplines.
- Sharp eye for visual design with an emphasis on usability, grids & layout, typography, and motion.
- Analytical mind that’s able to construct clear wireframes and information architecture.
- Impeccable production skills in both design & code. From sketch to prototype to final product I take pride in my craft.
- 10–20 years experience with Adobe and similar tools: interactive, prototyping, motion, video, static, and print.
UX Designer of the Apocalypse
Bringing Disco Elysium to new platforms.
Force Field XR
Principal UX Designer
- Lead 10+ member multi-disciplinary feature team through production of a AAA VR vertical slice project.
- Part of leadership team defining pre-production process of full-scale AAA VR title around well-known IP.
- Work with game design and art leadership to explore and define visual style and interaction for the future of VR.
- Prototyping and interaction design with Unreal Engine.
Senior UX Designer
Horizon Forbidden West (sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn)
- Work with leadership and production to scope, prioritize, and schedule UI/UX requirements for entire project.
- Design, document, and prototype features across all areas of the project (HUD, in-game, menus).
- Build and implement features with the Decima engine.
- Design features and quality of life improvements for the Decima based on experience with tools.
- Create processes and procedure for a newly assembled UI/UX team, onboarding members new to the team, tools, and industry.
- A social VR platform for people who love music, enabling them to view, host, and socialize in shows anytime, anywhere.
- Designed systems focusing on user generated content, social/community development, retention, and general usability.
- Building virtual reality prototypes with Unity, wireframes with Adobe XD, and design documentation with Confluence.
Heroes of the Storm
- Designed features with players, streamers, viewers, and esports in mind. The ways we consume games are growing.
- Worked on features for a live game with goals ranging from player acquisition, retention, and quality of life improvements.
- Launched “Heroes Brawl” game mode and first 3 months of weekly content (highlighted at BlizzCon 2016).
- Extensive wireframing and UX documentation. Prototyping features, functionality, and motion, across a range of tools.
Red Dead Redemption II
- Helped lead vanguard of UI / UX team to establishing design, motion, and frameworks for project.
- Built HUD Messaging system that could easily add new channels and designs while maintaining a simple script interface.
- Migrated and maintained UI systems between projects as well as built tools to facilitate and speed up work flow.
Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3, XB1, PS4, PC)
- Able to identify the needs of stakeholders to plan, design, and develop solutions that met or exceeded expectations on time.
- Core contributor to minigame UI (15+ so many), pause menu, game script driven dynamic leader board system, and more.
- Strong liaison between multidisciplinary teams (Art, Audio, Code, Design, Loc., QA, UI / UX) across 8 studios worldwide.